10 Things To Ship Back To College
Jackson Pack N Ship makes getting your kid to college is easy. Sending your child back to college can be an emotional hurdle, but it shouldn’t be a hassle.
Trying to get everything together for dorm life is a challenge. Inevitably, we miss something that will be needed. Pack well ahead of time and will get most of the items into boxes and ready to go. It gives a window of time to make a mental checklist and figure out what is missing.
Shipping in boxes is a lot easier and faster and more reliable than having them jammed into the back of a friend’s car. So the first tip is to contact Jackson Pack N Ship and have your boxes shipped back to school.
In addition to the tip about shipping your college stuff to school, here’s a short list of the top 10 things that may be helpful in the dorm, and which are frequently forgotten:
- Flashlight (great for reading at night or finding things in the dark)
- Toolkit (Screwdriver, hammer, things like that. You never know when you may need them)
- Duct Tape (There is a whole culture about things you can do with duct tape. Suffice it to say, it always comes in handy!)
- Febreeze (Hey, we are talking college kids, right. ‘Nuff said!)
- First Aid Kit (Bandages, neosporin, bactine, essentials)
- Iron (May be used for toasting bread in addition to ironing. What kid irons?)
- Instant Hem Ribbon (Yep, this is why they needed the iron – easier than sewing for a quick repair)
- Needle and thread (Why? Buttons!)
- Underbed bin (Great place for additional storage)
- Laptop Lock (Yes, they do get stolen – better to be prepared than not)