Sending your kid to college can be an emotional hurdle, but it shouldn’t be a hassle!
Jackson Pack N Ship makes getting your kid to college is easy. Shipping in boxes is a lot easier and faster and more reliable than having them jammed into the back of a friend’s car. So the first tip is to contact Jackson Pack N Ship and have your boxes shipped directly to your dorm or apartment. Let the UPS or FedEx driver to the heavy lifting. All you do is open boxes and unpack.
Trying to get everything together for dorm life is a challenge. Inevitably, we miss something that will be needed. Pack well ahead of time and will get most of the items into boxes and ready to go. It gives a window of time to make a mental checklist and figure out what is missing. In addition to the tip about shipping your college stuff to school, here’s a short list of the top 10 things that may be helpful in the dorm, and which are frequently forgotten:
- Flashlight (great for reading at night or finding things in the dark)
- Toolkit (Screwdriver, hammer, things like that. You never know when you may need them)
- Duct Tape (There is a whole culture about things you can do with duct tape. Suffice it to say, it always comes in handy!)
- Febreeze (Hey, we are talking college kids, right. ‘Nuff said!)
- First Aid Kit (Bandages, neosporin, bactine, essentials)
- Iron (May be used for toasting bread in addition to ironing. What kid irons?)
- Instant Hem Ribbon (Yep, this is why they needed the iron – easier than sewing for a quick repair)
- Needle and thread (Why? Buttons!)
- Underbed bin (Great place for additional storage)
- Laptop Lock (Yes, they do get stolen – better to be prepared than not)