These Local Shops Have the Answers
Popular items to send are gourmet foods, gadgets for the kitchen, gardening tools and supplies, or her favorite candy. Try these Jackson MI locally owned and operated artisan businesses, they are just a few of our cool places to shop:
Afterwards, make a direct trip to nearby Jackson Pack N Ship and this year, you’ll hear, “You’ll always be my little baby.”
Speaking of things Mother used to say, did you ever hear any of these?
- Money does not grow on trees.
- When you have your own house then you can make the rules!
- Always change your underwear; you never know when you’ll have an accident.
- Do not make that face or it will freeze in that position.
- Be careful or you will put your eye out.
- What if everyone jumped off a cliff? Would you do it, too?
- You have enough dirt behind those ears to grow potatoes!
- Close that door! Were you born in a barn?
- If you cannot say something nice, do not say anything at all.
- Do not put that in your mouth; you do not know where it has been!
- It’s all fun and games until someone gets hurt.
Click here for more Momisms. There are hundreds of them listed but the one my Mom said over and over “Go outside and get the stink off ya.” Made sense to me at the time. And, “Wait til your Father gets home.” I didn’t like that one.